The limited liability corporation (LLC) is a legal framework for a business. It balances the limited accountability of a company with the mobility and lack of formality of a proprietorship or a partnership. Any business owner who wants to restrict their business debts and lawsuits should consider incorporating an LLC.
Here are the procedures for forming an LLC in Colorado.
- Select a Name for The LLC
According to Colorado law, an LLC must include abbreviations and words like limited liability company, limited liability co.
- Select one Registered Agent.
The Colorado LLC should have a service agent in the jurisdiction. This is a human or corporate entity that agrees to take legal documents on behalf of the LLC if it is issued. Before designation, the agent must agree to take service of proceedings on account of the LLC.
- Save the Articles of Incorporation
A Colorado LLC is formed by submitting articles of incorporation to the Colorado Secretary of State. On the Secretary of State’s website, you may view and download sample articles of organization form.
The articles must include the following:
- the name and the address
- the name as well as the identity of the recipient forming the Limited company, whether members would run the Corporation,
- a declaration that the LLC has at least one individual, and the address of the recipient filing the articles
- The articles of incorporation must be submitted online, with a filing fee of Rs 37,575.
- Create a Business Agreement
The agreement is not needed in Colorado, although it is strongly recommended. It is a private document that outlines how your LLC will operate. It outlines the members’ as well as managers’ rights and responsibilities.
- Obtain an EIN.
Even though your LLC has no workers, it must get its own IRS Employer Identification Number (EIN)
The regular reports are due every three months, commencing during the first day of the anniversary month in which the LLC was founded. If you have any doubt regarding anything, you can check YouTube for the video about LLC in Colorado.